Singapore Squash Rackets Association (SSRA) is the National Sports Association (NSA) for the sport of Squash in Singapore. We are governed by Sport Singapore (SportSG) and is a member of the Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC), South East Asian Squash Federation (SEASF), Asian Squash Federation (ASF) and World Squash Federation (WSF).
SSRA was formed in 1970 and we are an Institute of Public Character (IPC) charity organisation. SSRA aims to promote, support and advance the sport of Squash in Singapore through our core values of Integrity, Teamwork and Diversity
Community Outreach Executive
The Community Outreach Executive shall be the key person to drive the outreach programmes. With a view to broaden the reach of Squash to different pockets of society and geographical locations within Singapore, he/she will be working alongside the Events and Programmes team and General Manager, with direction from the SSRA Board.
Roles and Responsibilities
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and execute squash outreach programmes, with the primary aim to extend the reach of squash to a diverse community.
- Conceptualise fresh ideas on how SSRA can further the reach of squash to different pockets of the community, in concert with the objectives of SSRA, Sport Singapore and Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY).
- Champion the programme to extend reach of squash in the National School Games (NSG).
- In running the programmes, work towards having Squash as an offering that is.
- Plan and run social media campaigns relevant to the programmes and events.
- Procure facilities, services, collaterals and equipment in accordance with the SSRA guidelines; ensure timely and accurate delivery of purchased goods and services.
- Prepare budgets for the programmes and events.
- Manage and work alongside vendors and freelancers in planning and execution of the programmes.
SUPPORTING ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate and support all SSRA organised events, working closely alongside the Events and Programmes team and General Manager.
- Support the national-level Events and Programmes, national team and General Manager with administrative matters as and when required.
Other duties commensurate with the level of the post shall be further determined by the SSRA, where applicable.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive, or exhaustive. It is intended to serve as a synopsis of the scope of work, and shall be amended accordingly, based upon the changing needs of the SSRA.
Skills, Qualifications and Personal Traits
- Minimum A Level or Diploma, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Sports Management, Physical Education or related discipline.
- Preferred one year of relevant experience in the sports industry (eg. National Sports Associations or recreation/school clubs).
- Fresh graduates and those seeking internships are welcome to apply.
- Conversant with social media platforms, with a passion for keeping abreast of related trends.
- Computer literate in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); desktop publishing will be an added advantage.
- Possess resourcefulness and acute analytical skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Meticulous, and understands the importance of excellent organisation skills.
- Generally pleasant character who enjoys communicating and working with people.
- Enjoy a strong and active interest in sports.
Please note that due to the nature of the work involved, individuals may be required to work on weekends and evenings. In light of this, there needs to be some flexibility in working hours and where applicable, individuals will be compensated with time off in-lieu.
Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Please send in your applications, together with your expected salary to [email protected]